Sausage and Cream Cheese Breakfast Casserole

This has become my most requested recipe.
It is so easy to make.
People like that it is a breakfast casserole minus the eggs.

You will need:
     2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (8 ounces)
     1 pound sausage
     8 ounces cream cheese
     8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese

First spread one package of crescent rolls out in a glass baking dish as follows.  Pinch seams closed.

Then brown sausage in a skillet.
Drain sausage.
Place cream cheese in skillet and melt over low heat.
(I know...this is the only time I have ever melted cream cheese.  Extra hint...low fat cream cheese will not work.)
Add sausage to melted cream cheese and stir together.
Spread mixture out on top of crescent rolls.

Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of sausage mixture and then top with second can of
crescent rolls, pinching seams as well as you can.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Cut into squares and serve warm.
Yum!!!
Enjoy!!!

Comments

Yes I have to say.... it is very yummy and now that you have shared the recipe I may have to make it for supper tomorrow night. So yummy!!
TracyAnn Reece said…
I love this recipe!!! I even made a variation of it for dinner. Instead of using the cream cheese mixture, I used ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning...once it was done, everyone piled on their favorite taco toppings! It was extra yummy!
Unknown said…
Has anyone ever put this together and refrigerated it overnight to bake the next morning??
Unknown said…
Yes put foil over it and cook in the morning. It still works wonderfully
Nicole said…
This is one of my favorite breakfast meals, and I had all the ingredients - then my oven died. So, instead of making the full casserole, I put a large spoonful of the mixture into each individual crescent roll, topped with some shredded cheddar cheese, rolled tightly and pinched the ends. I baked four at a time in my toaster oven at 350-375 (toaster ovens are never so precise) for about 10-12 minutes per batch. Made 16 total and they came out great! Any leftovers will be available for a quick heat and eat breakfast. Win-win!

Popular Posts