Christmas 2017


It's Christmas in the Big Woods.  We have just finished celebrating a wonderful Christmas.  I thought I would share with you a few of the highlights from our home.
I was delighted when my husband decided to have this sign designed for the entrance to the Big Woods.  He simply took a picture of what we wanted to our local Sign company, and they were able to create exactly what we wanted.


 Our cat, Gus, has kept an eye out every day for Santa.
Santa is definitely hard to spot among all the trees.



I have been adding to my buffalo check collection this year.  The place mats are a new addition.  I was lucky to find them at our local Big Lots!




I have been collecting Santa Clauses for several years.  There are a few on this table from my childhood.  Several of these have special stories that go along with them of the people who gave them to me.

 We have had a great time decorating this year.
There seems to be lots of cottage style decorations everywhere you shop these days.








 Lots of fresh and artificial holly this year for decorating inside and out.








My daughter created these hanging wreaths for me last Christmas by very patiently forming a long piece of thin greenery into a circle and adding ribbon.  I just used a thumbtack to attach them to the back of my cabinet doors.


This very cute star was made by my Lynchburg Sister from a folding ruler.  She sells these in her booth at the Spotted Cow just off our downtown square.





Merry Christmas to all!!!

Comments

Popular Posts