SUNDAY FUN READ

It's time for...
SUNDAY FUN READ



Each Sunday, I will recommend a book that my Sixth Graders and I have really enjoyed.

Today's book pick is The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo.  I love this book!  It is a wonderful book to read aloud to your classroom or your child.  I just finished reading it to my class before the Christmas break.  We read 2 or 3 chapters each day, and I would dramatically close the book with them begging for more. 

Kate Dicamillo also wrote The Tale of Despereaux which most of you are probably familiar with as the movie.  It is also a great book to read.  It reads really fast.

I have purchased for my 11 year old daughter a new Kate Dicamillo book called The Magician's Elephant .  We are reading a chapter each night together, and I believe it is going to be another good book.

We hope you enjoy today's Sunday Fun Read!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
aww...I remember reading the Edward Tulane book:) I remember crying for some reason...I think.
Hey, I love your blog! I am going to love the book reviews too, my 12 yr old does not enjoy reading so getting her points is a struggle. Just wanted to say hello.

Popular Posts