Apple Pie


This apple pie was a joy to make!  
We picked the apples ourselves while visiting 
Haney Apple Orchard in Somerset, Kentucky. 
I think they are McIntosh. 


The recipe, as you can see here, is an old one. 
It is a recipe that my Mother (Mary Lantz) used to win blue ribbons at our county fair. 
I have adapted it to be easier for me to make today by 
using two bought crusts. 


I followed her directions for making the filling, and then placed that filling in a bought pie crust. 


I then inverted the second pie crust on top of the first and placed them in the oven like this for the first 10 min of baking. You then remove the top pan and take the pie out of the oven to flute the edges. 


The top crust will fall perfectly on top of the bottom crust. It will be cool enough that you can flute the edges together. 
Then, add a little sugar and cinnamon to the top before returning to the oven. 


Finish baking until the crust is golden brown. 
This pie was so easy and very delicious. 
Your guests will think you made the crust by hand. 

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts