Chicken and Dressing with Stuffing Mix



This is not my recipe for Thanksgiving Dressing.
For what I consider to be real dressing, 
I would make my own cornbread. LOL 
This is a simpler dressing to make anytime!  

If I am not already prepared to cook a whole chicken, I use canned chicken and that is also good.  

I always start by chopping onions.  This is way too much for this recipe. You’ll only need 3/4 cup. 

Add onion to 3 cups broth and cook on medium with 1 teaspoon sage. Cook until the onions are tender. 

Pour entire bag of Pepperidge Farm Corn Bread Stuffing into a large bowl. 

Add 2 eggs, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a can of Cream of Celery or Cream of Chicken Soup. 
It is a good idea to let the broth cool a little before adding it to the eggs, or you could add the soup to the broth to cool it down.

Add the broth…

And the melted stick of butter…

Then, add 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken.

Spread in 9”x12” baking dish sprayed with Pam. 
Bake at 375 degrees to begin with, then turn down to 350 and cook until desired brownness. We like ours brown and crispy around the edges. 


Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts