American Cheese Sausage Balls

 When both of my men (my husband and my son) commented on the sausage balls we had for supper tonight, I knew I had done something right.
I changed a few things from the standard recipe...mostly with the cheese.
 
 
I decided to try American cheese.
I grated 2 cups from this block of American cheese.
I also added about 2 cups of Mexican Style Shredded cheese.
The extra cheese along with adding pepper and some milk made the sausage balls moist and flavorful.
 


Here is my final recipe:
 
1 pound sausage (I used Tennessee Pride)
2 cups American cheese shredded
2 cups shredded Mexican Style cheese
3 cups Bisquick
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup milk
 
Mix together, form balls, and bake on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
Enjoy!!!
 



Comments

Popular Posts