Lemon Ice Box Pie


My Uncle Marvin came to every family covered dish meal with his famous
 Lemon Ice Box Pie.
 It was always a hit with everyone. 
 I made this pie using his recipe, and even though it was good, I just believe his were better.
I will still make it again. 



To make this pie, you will need:
1/2 stick margarine
1 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafers

1 can Eagle Brand milk
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup lemon juice


Start by crushing the vanilla wafers.
I usually put mine in a baggie and roll over the top with a rolling pin a few times.




Melt the butter and combine with the vanilla wafers, then place in the pie pan.


I use this tool to press the vanilla wafer crumbs around the pie plate. 
 I have no idea what it is called.


Juice the lemons and measure out 1/2 of a cup.
I have also used imitation lemon juice for this pie.



Mix the egg yolks, condensed milk and lemon juice together.
Please note, the eggs do not get cooked in this recipe.
If you do not want to eat uncooked eggs, this recipe may not be for you.


Pour pie filling into crust and smooth around.


My Uncle Marvin always added vanilla wafer crumbs to the top of the pie!




This is a great dessert for a hot summer day.
Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts