Grape Salad

Once in a while, I get a serious craving for this grape salad.
Sometimes I will make up a batch just for me.
I keep it in the refrigerator and eat it alone or pair it with chicken salad for my idea of a perfect meal.

You will need:
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
8 oz. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups red grapes
4 cups green grapes

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pecans

 Begin by washing and pulling grapes.
On this day, I only made a small patch for myself and only used red grapes.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the cheese and add the sugar.  I went ahead and added the brown sugar to my mixture, rather than making a topping.  Add the sour cream and vanilla.

 Mix well.

 Stir in grapes and pecans.
You can save back the pecans and use in the topping.
I keep pecans in my freezer year round.
This makes them easy to grab and add to any recipe.

Refrigerate when complete.
This salad will keep for several days and is delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts