Christmas Pillow


 My daughter's Christmas pillow is finally finished.
Not bad, I would say...three days after Christmas.
She requested this pillow about a week before Black Friday.
We got all the stuff, and I quickly began working on it; but then, the Christmas season hit.
There just never seemed to be any time.


 That's ok, we had great fun along the way.
It was fun picking out the fabrics.



 My daughter enjoyed deciding which order the squares should be sewn together.


 She chose the font and printed off the words for me.
Then, I enjoyed embroidering them onto the fabric.


 This is the stage where our project stalled.
Once I put them in the lap quilting frame, I really liked the way it looked.



So, I used it as a Christmas decoration, while it waited to be finished.


I am proud of the finished product.
I am mostly proud that I actually finished it.
It has been a while since I tackled a project this complicated.
If you want to try one, you can find the directions here:

I hope she will enjoy it for many years to come.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I want it! She really should make her aunt one!

Popular Posts