Pecan Pie Cake

 I accidentally discovered a new dessert this weekend.
I mixed up the ingredients to make a pecan pie, and then discovered that I had no flour for making the crust.  So...I pondered what to do with the filling.
I had no idea if this would work...but I decided to try the base for Paula Dean's butter gooeys as a crust.  I put this crust in a 9x12 glass pan that was sprayed with Pam for Baking.
I then poured the filling on top.
My family loved it.
The pie wound up on the bottom, the cake and pecans ended up on the top.
The entire recipe follows:
 
Pie filling:
3 eggs
1 cup Karo light syrup
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons margarine (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecans
 
1 yellow cake mix
1 stick margarine (melted)
1 egg
 
Press cake mix mixture in the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish sprayed with Pam for Baking.
Mix together ingredients for filling and pour on top of the cake mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set.
Enjoy!
 

Comments

Popular Posts