Lite Cake

I have too many hobbies and interests.
My latest one is a strong following of the website Pinterest.
There are just soooooo many wonderful ideas to be found there.
I recently came across this recipe for a 3 ingredient lemon cake. 

lemon cake mix
20 oz. diet 7-up
fat free cool whip

My version used diet Sprite (2 1/2 cups) in place of the 7-up.

I really liked this cake.
It is very, very moist.
So.....I decided to try a different flavor.
Orange
Notice that I have added another ingredient.
I am really enjoying using Pam for Baking.
If you haven't tried it, it includes flour in the spray. 
It is great to prevent baked goods from sticking to the pan. 

You will also notice that the batter for this cake is very thing.
Once baked, the cake does not rise very much, and you will see that it cracks around the edges.

But, once the cool whip is added to the top, it looks like and tastes like a delicious cake.   The longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it gets.
It is really very good for a "lite" cake.
Next, I am going to try strawberry.

Comments

Candy said…
Sounds good, Joyce. I'll have to try it.
I love you blog and visit often. In fact, you've inspired me to start my own. Today is DAY 1.
Wish me luck.

Popular Posts