Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels

I came across a recipe for sausage pinwheels that was very similar to the sausage cream cheese casserole that I love to make.
I tweeked the recipe to be more like my casserole recipe and discovered a new appetizer for my family.
You will need:
1 pound sausage
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 can crescent rolls

Follow the directions from this (Sausage and cream cheese breakfast casserole) to brown the sausage, melt the cream cheese in the skillet, and then stir the two together.
Open the crescent dough and spread out on a piece of plastic wrap while pinching the seams together.  Add the sausage/cream cheese mixture and then sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.

Roll up the crescent dough long ways.  It will be very sticky, so cover with the wrap and place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
Slice into 1 inch slices and place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until brown.

When I pulled these from the oven, I was afraid they looked dry.  However, the cream cheese makes them moist and delicious.
Enjoy???

Comments

Popular Posts