Chocolate Fried Pies


I promised to share my recipe for chocolate fried pies...so here goes.


You will need:
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons cocoa
2 cups milk (scalded)
3 slightly beaten egg yolks
4 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Begin by scalding the milk.
I usually do this by pouring the milk into a small saucepan and heating over a hot stove eye.
When the milk begins to stick, I know it is ready.
This doesn't take long...be sure to stir constantly.


In a medium saucepan combine the
cornstarch, sugar, salt, and cocoa.
Gradually add the milk.
Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until thick. 
Add small amount of hot mixture to the slightly beaten egg yolks, and then add the
egg yolks back to the mixture. 
Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.


Remove from heat and add melted butter and vanilla.
Cool slightly.
Use this pie filling and prepare fried pies as described in my last post.


My family enjoys fried apple pies, but everyone's favorite is always the chocolate.
Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts