Chicken Noodle Soup


When the weather begins to get colder, I occasionally get a night off from cooking. My husband takes over the kitchen and makes his famous chicken noodle soup.


I can't give you the exact recipe...because even he makes it different each time. But I can tell you the approximate ingredients, because I am the one who buys them at the grocery store.


I know he starts by cooking dumpling style noodles in a pot of boiling water. These he cooks according to the package directions, and then he drains almost all of the water from the noodles, but he does leave some water in the bottom of the pot.


Then he starts adding things: 2 cans chicken broth, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 2 large cans white chicken.


The rest of the ingredients are added to suit your taste: powdered sage, California style dried onions, garlic powder, black pepper, and parsley.


He lets all of these ingredients simmer for about 20-30 minutes.


We love this soup. I think I like it the most, because I do not have to cook.

Enjoy!!!

Comments

Popular Posts