Friday, July 8, 2011

Gentleman From the Cane

Look,look,look...
It is my good friend...
Playing "Mrs. Davy Crockett"...
In Lawrenceburg Community Theatre's 35th Anniversary Production of Gentleman From the Cane.

Wow...she looks like a real actress.

Tonight was opening night for this very special play.  I remember when I was a little girl, I loved going to see this play.  At that time, it was performed outdoors.  I remember being envious of the actors and actresses, because they looked like they were having so much fun.  Going to see this play was definitely a highlight from my childhood.

Gentlemen From the Cane was written by a local resident of Lawrenceburg, Dolly Leighton.  It tells the history of our town.  There is singing, dancing, and laughter.  It is a great play.

This year, the play is being performed at the Historic Crockett Theatre in downtown Lawrenceburg, TN.  The dates are:
July 7-9
July 15-16
July 22-23

My friend's husband, daughter, and son are also in the play.  I can imagine that this has been the highlight of their summer.  I hope they have had a great time working on this together.  I know it will be a memory her kids will never forget.

1 comment:

Together We Save said...

I did a little babysitting for this play!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails