Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chicken Casserole

This is a very simple chicken casserole that even picky eaters will enjoy.  The only problem I had with this chicken casserole was that there were only enough leftovers for one person. 
We were all fighting over the leftovers. 
 I think if I make it again, I may double the recipe and use a 9 by 12 pan.

Start by cooking a chicken and picking the chicken from the bone.  Set aside 2 cups of this chicken that has been chopped for your chicken casserole.  Use the rest of your chicken and broth for other dishes.

Mix the 2 cups chopped chicken with
1 cup cooked rice,
1 can cream of chicken soup, and
3/4 cup mayonaise.
I also stirred in 1 teaspoon onion powder.
(If your eaters are not picky like mine, you could add some chopped and saute'd onion and celery.)

Spread this mixture in your favorite casserole dish.

Crumble 1 cup cornflakes or bread crumbs in a bowl.
I actually used "chick n biscuit" crackers.
Mix crumbs with 2 tablespoons margarine.
(Add 1/2 cup chopped almonds if that is something you like.)

Spread this crumb mixture over the top of the chicken casserole.

Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly.
Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Together We Save said...

Again.... sounds yummy to me!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails