Chicken Casserole

This is a very simple chicken casserole that even picky eaters will enjoy.  The only problem I had with this chicken casserole was that there were only enough leftovers for one person. 
We were all fighting over the leftovers. 
 I think if I make it again, I may double the recipe and use a 9 by 12 pan.

Start by cooking a chicken and picking the chicken from the bone.  Set aside 2 cups of this chicken that has been chopped for your chicken casserole.  Use the rest of your chicken and broth for other dishes.

Mix the 2 cups chopped chicken with
1 cup cooked rice,
1 can cream of chicken soup, and
3/4 cup mayonaise.
I also stirred in 1 teaspoon onion powder.
(If your eaters are not picky like mine, you could add some chopped and saute'd onion and celery.)

Spread this mixture in your favorite casserole dish.

Crumble 1 cup cornflakes or bread crumbs in a bowl.
I actually used "chick n biscuit" crackers.
Mix crumbs with 2 tablespoons margarine.
(Add 1/2 cup chopped almonds if that is something you like.)

Spread this crumb mixture over the top of the chicken casserole.

Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly.
Enjoy!!!

Comments

Again.... sounds yummy to me!!

Popular Posts