Bacon Wrapped Hamburger Steaks

There are several recipes in my collection that are my favorite.  They are the recipes that I use over and over again.  Bacon wrapped hamburger steaks are at the top of my family's favorite list.  It is a wonderful main dish to grill in the summer time.


You will need:
2 pounds ground beef
1 egg
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup catsup
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
8 slices bacon
toothpicks


Mix everything except the bacon together in a bowl.  I usually mix this with my hands.  When you have everything mixed together well...you will form it into a long ball.


Lay out 8 strips of bacon side by side.


Place the ball of meat on top of the bacon and pull up each slice of bacon around the ball of meat.  Attach the bacon together with toothpicks.


Slice between the bacon strips...form into hamburger steak patties and place on a plate.


You should have eight fairly even hamburger steak patties when finished slicing.


Grill the hamburger steaks until done.  We always use a charcoal grill...we just like the taste better.


Be sure everyone knows to remove the toothpick from their hamburger steak before eating. 


Choose a few side dished, and you will have a delicious meal.  These bacon wrapped hamburger steaks are always a big hit with family and friends. 

Comments

Oh wow - these look so yummy!!
Oh and I forgot to mention this yesterday..... don't show me all this awesome food, I am totally unable to squish food with my hands!! LOL
Veronica said…
I am ready for lunch now. Do you deliver?

Popular Posts