Fried Chicken Tenders

Now that I'm realizing this blog is going to be a great keepsake for my children (especially of my recipes), I have decided to include a few posts showing how I make some of their favorite foods. 

This dish is a favorite for both of my children.

I usually buy boneless/skinless chicken breast and begin by washing the chicken and cutting each breast into 3-4 pieces.  For today's pictures, I actually found the tenderloins a little cheaper.  I still cut some of them a little smaller than they came in the package.


First mix about 1 cup all-purpose flour with about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.


Each piece of chicken is dipped into a bowl of milk...


Then it is rolled in the bowl of plain flour...


Then it is placed on a piece of wax paper to wait...


When all of the chicken is ready, I heat about an 1/8-1/4 inch of oil in a skillet. (I use canola oil.)  The chicken is then carefully placed in the skillet.  Sometimes I will sprinkle a little seasoning salt on top for a different taste.


I cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side (medium low heat)...turning with a fork when it begins to brown.


I do cover the chicken with a lid as it cooks.  (You know fried chicken tastes better if it is cooked in a really ugly pan with a really ugly lid...no joke.)


Cook for three-four minutes on the other side.


The chicken is then removed to paper towels to get rid of any excess oil.


I have found the secret to delicious chicken is to avoid overcooking it.  This has always been a problem for me, because I want to be sure the chicken is done.  If you cook it just right, it will easily cut with a fork.

I made this meal several days ago...and now I am wishing this was what we were having for supper tonight.  Oh well...

Enjoy!!!

Because I'm loving this fried chicken, I will be linking up with Tidy Mom.


Tidy Mom

Comments

Looks yummy.... I am enjoying you sharing your recipes.

Popular Posts