Fried Taters

When I was growing up, we ate fried potatoes at least 4 times a week.  I really think we had some form of potatoes with almost every meal. 

I thought I would show you today how I make fried pototoes.  There really is no recipe...it is simply a process.

Begin with a few pototoes.  I try to only fry what we will eat...I do not enjoy leftover fried potatoes.


Pour some cooking oil in a skillet...enough to cover the bottom of the pan...sometimes I use a little more...sometimes a little less.  Just use your favorite cooking oil...I like Wesson Canola Oil.



I usually turn on the stove eye (begin on high and as soon as you begin to hear a sizzle, turn down to medium-low) and let the oil begin to heat as I am peeling the potatoes.  I actually peel a potato and slice it directly into the pan.  I like to slice my potatoes a little less than 1/8 inch thick.


If you want onion in your pototoes...chop a few and add them at this time.  Then, salt and pepper to taste.  I am not stingy with the salt and pepper.  Cover with a lid and continue to cook on medium-low.  Every few minutes, lift the lid and stir the potatoes.



After a while (around 25 minutes), you'll begin to notice the potatoes are soft and beginning to brown.  If they are not as brown as you like them, turn up the heat just enough to allow them to brown.


I like to remove the potatoes from the skillet to a bowl that is lined with a paper towel to drain off any excess oil...I then remove the paper towel before serving.



And there you have it...Tennessee fried potatoes.  Our favorite way to eat these is by having breakfast for supper.  We also like to add a little Ketchup to our "fried taters".

Enjoy!!!

I'm linking up with Tidy Mom. Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays

Comments

Natasha said…
You are right. The even the part about adding Ketchup to the fried taters. LOVE FRIED TATERS AND YOUR BLOG!!!!!!

Popular Posts