Peach Pizza

Yummy...
One of the ladies I work with brought this unique dessert to our school Christmas Party.  It was a huge hit, and we all just had to have the recipe.  The dessert is made in three layers.

Crust:  1 cup pecans
             1/4 cup brown sugar
             1 cup butter
             1 and 1/2 cups of flour

Mix the softened butter and flour until they crumble.
Then, mix in the brown sugar and pecans. 
Place in a 9x13 baking dish.
Press to cover the bottom of the dish.
Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or until light brown.  Cool.

Middle Layer:
        8 ounces softened cream cheese
        2 cups powdered sugar
        16 ounces cool whip
         1 large can peaches (drained)
Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in mixing bowl.
Beat in cool whip.
Put over crust.
Spread to the edges.  (This layer is very delicious.)
Now, put on the peaches.

Top Layer: 
 4 Tablespoons flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup cold water
1 box (3 ounces) peach gelatin

Combine the flour and sugar in a sauce pan.
Add the water, mix well, and cook until thick.
Add gelatin, and stir until it dissolves.
Cool.
Pour gelatin over peaches.
Refrigerate.

And now I have a surprise for my family.
They are constantly coming to my house looking for the food I have blogged about making...usually we have long eaten everything by the time I get my blog written.
But not this time.
Dear family, we will be eating this dessert during the Christmas holidays.
So get ready...I think you are going to love it!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts