Homemade Potato Chips

The Dependable Sister is famous for her homemade potato chips!!!  We give the Dependable Sister a hard time about her cooking.  For some odd reason, she always winds up being assigned to bring the rolls, or the plates, or the drinks to all of our family meals.  She has taken this to mean that we think she cannot cook.

The truth is...she is a wonderful cook.  Her specialties include deviled eggs, pecan tarts, and cornish hen.  She has supper on the table...on the plate...for her husband every night when he gets home.

But...she is most famous for her homemade potato chips.  I have tried my hand at her recipe tonight.  She still makes them better than I do.

To make these potato chips, you first should peel your potatoes and slice them very very thin.
Once they are peeled and sliced, place them in a bowl of ice water.
Preheat your oil, then remove potatoes from ice water, and carefully add them to the hot oil.  It is best to avoid overloading the oil.  Stir occasionally as they cook until they begin to brown.
When desired brownness is reached, remove from oil and drain on paper towels.  Salt to taste.
My family loves these homemade chips.
Thank you Dependable Sister.
You are a wonderful cook!!!

Comments

Oh wow - they look yummy!
Anonymous said…
Sure, you are just trying to make me feel good. The secret is in the slicer I have.
- said…
Reminds me of days long ago when my Mom would do this. They are super delicious.
Unknown said…
I have a deep frier used only once, maybe I should give it ago,because they sure look good :))
Wanda said…
I'll have to try those, and see if my grandchildren like them.

Popular Posts