Apple Goody

It's time for another recipe...so how about something for fall.  This is my Sewing Sister's recipe.  Her family loves it when she makes Apple Goody.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

You will need:

1 can pie apples (or 4-5 fresh apples peeled and sliced)
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

Topping:
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick melted margarine
Lucky for me, my Sewing Sister called just as I started making this.  I told her I was making Apple Goody, and she told me the recipe I was using had the margarine left off the recipe.  Sure enough, I would have really messed it up if she hadn't called.
Mix the pie filling, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.  Pour into a large baking dish.  ( I really feel like I am cooking when I have to measure baking powder, salt, and such.)
Next, mix all the topping ingredients adding the margarine last. 
This makes a crumbly mixture that you will crumble by hand on top of the filling.
Now bake until brown and bubbly.  I baked mine around 25 minutes.
Enjoy the smells eminating from your oven as this cooks.
Tomorrow I will show you how I am serving this!!!

Comments

Popular Posts