Caramel Frosting

This is one of my all time favorite cake icing recipes. 
It is an old fashioned family favorite.
To make this icing, you will need
-1/2 cup butter
-1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
-1 3/4 to 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
-1/4 cup milk
 Melt the butter over low heat on the stove.
Add the brown sugar and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
 Add milk and continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil.
Remove from heat and cool.
Add confectioners sugar until consistency to spread.
Use to ice a 9x12 cake or cupcakes.
This is a delicious sweet, sweet icing.
It makes a thicker icing that serves nicely
when cake pieces are cut for serving. 
I usually use this icing with yellow cakes.
Enjoy!!

Comments

Wanda B. said…
It looks delicious. I'm going to use that recipe.
Kate said…
Yum-o! I did that once with my girls, but it didn't work out so well. Might have to try it again with your recipe.

And I'm giving you the Hard Working Mommy Award! Come on over to my blog to claim it!

Kate (www.deliciousaspie.blogspot.com)

Popular Posts