Drop Tea Cakes

Some cookies are almost too good to be true.

That's how I feel about these tea cakes.

They simply melt in your mouth.

I have had this recipe for a long time, and I have made lots of these cookies.

I like the fact that I almost always have the ingredients on hand...nothing to remember to buy at the grocery store.

I like that they are light on your stomach...I often take them to people who are sick, recovering from surgery, etc.

They are good to serve with fresh fruit...sweetened strawberries go great with these cookies.

You will need:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 stick margarine
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon soda
3/4 teaspoon salt

Cream together sugar, cooking oil, and margarine.


Add egg, vanilla, and milk.
Mix.
Combine flour, soda, and salt.


Add to preceding mixture stirring with spoon. 
Drop on ungreased cookie sheet.
Don't place too close together, or you will have one really big cookie.


Press with bottom of flat glass, dipping in sugar each time.
Press very flat.



Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. 
Then cool on a wire rack.


You can add 1/8 of a teaspoon of coconut or other flavorings for a different taste.


Enjoy!!!

Comments

Yummy!! I don't know what happened but my direct link to your blog from mine won't work all of a suppen... I will have to update it!!
Kate said…
Those look heavenly!

Found you via the UBP and love, love, love that photo at the top of your blog. Can't wait to peruse your site further.

Come over to meet me and become a follower at www.deliciousaspie.blogspot.com.

Kate :)
Jen said…
These sound wonderful!! I'm stopping by from the UBP! I'm a bit late but better late than never! :-)

Blessings,
Jen

Popular Posts