Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Tutorial

It's time to make chocolate oatmeal cookies.

This is my most requested recipe!!!

You can find a recipe for these cookies in almost any cookbook.  But people still ask me, "Exactly how do you make these cookies?"...so here we go. 

You will need:   2 cups sugar
                        3 Tablespoons cocoa
                        1 stick margarine (1/2 cup)
                        1/2 cup milk 

                        1/2 cup peanut butter
                        1 teaspoon vanilla
                        3  cups quick cooking oats

 First, mix the sugar and cocoa powder together in a saucepan.
 Next, add the milk, stir, then add the butter.
 Bring to a full rolling boil on high heat stirring consantly.
 Boil for 2 minutes.  I usally just count in my head to 120 once the mixture starts boiling.  This is the part where everyone in the house can smell the chocolate.  It is heavenly.
 Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter first.  Then add the vanilla and then add the oats.

I like to use smooth peanut butter, and I always use Happy Home Vanilla flavoring.  We buy it around here from the United Methodist Ladies.  They sell flavoring to raise money for missions.

Drop chocolate oatmeal cookies by teaspoon onto wax paper.  I am seldom neat with this part...sometimes my cookies are big and sometimes small, but they are never uniform.  I want to be sure everyone knows they are homemade.
 Let cookies set, then remove from wax paper to a plate.

Sometimes, I put fewer oats if I want more of a fudge-like chocolate oatmeal cookie.  When I do this, I usually make the cookies smaller.

Be sure to eat these with a glass of milk!  Enjoy!

Comments

Oh I ment to tell you I love the way your header looks!
Anonymous said…
I've always wanted to make these but had no clue! Chocolate and oatmeal? What a perfect combination! We're going to the mountains over the weekend. I think these would be a great treat to take along! Can we call these breakfast? LOL
Anonymous said…
I've always wanted to make these but had no clue! Chocolate and oatmeal? What a perfect combination! We're going to the mountains over the weekend. I think these would be a great treat to take along! Can we call these breakfast? LOL

Popular Posts