Cheese and Hamburger Casserole

This is the only recipe that I have that I know came from my Mother.  It is one of my family's favorites, and it is very easy to make.


You will need:
5 ounces noodles
3/4 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons butter
1 can condensed tomato soup
1/2 can water
Velvetta cheese
Begin by cooking noodles according to package directions.  Drain.
Cook hamburger meat on stove and drain. 
 (I like to buy family packs of hamburger meat, cook it, drain it, let it cool, and then freeze it in small packs to use in casseroles, spaghetti, tacos, etc.)
Mix tomato soup with 1/2 can of water.  Mix in salt and pepper.
Layer noodles and hamburger meat in bowl.  Top with slices of butter.
Pour tomato soup over layers.
Top with Velvetta cheese to your taste...my family likes a lot of cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
This casserole is great served with all kinds of side items.
Enjoy!!!

Comments

Heather said…
Just want to say thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest follower. Loved the recipe, esp the tip within about buying extra hamb meat and saving it for tacos/casseroles/etc. Great idea!

We make a similar dish but use rice instead of the pasta and add a can of Ro-Tel into the mix. We like it spicy down in Texas. :o)
This looks yummy and easy! Going to try it out this week, for sure. Happy SITS Sat! I also live in the woods.
Holly Lefevre said…
This looks pretty darn tasty! Yum. My family would love it.

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day.
Holly
504 Main
Yummy!! I make something similar but I will have to try this too!!

Popular Posts