Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Fun Read

Which book should we choose to be our favorite for today?


Something funny?


A book for boys?


A romance?


How about a book that includes a little bit of history???


Letters From Rifka by Karen Hesse is one of my all time favorite books.  It is the story of a girl trying to get to America  from a Jewish community in Russia. At one point in her trip, she cannot travel with her family because she has ring worm on her head. 


I remember one year, our school had a contest where the students were to dress like a character from their favorite book.  One of my Sixth Grade girls dressed like Rifka.  Nobody else knew who she was, but I knew her as soon as she walked through the door.

Older girls will especially like this book about the struggles that Rifka has trying to find freedom in America.

1 comment:

Hen Jen said...

this is a book I have missed, I love to read, so I will find it at the library. I am sure my girls will enjoy it, too- thanks for the recommend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails