When You Reach Me

SUNDAY FUN READ
My daughter requested hard-back books for Christmas.  One of the books she received was When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

I chose this book for her on a whim.  One reason I chose it was that the reviews mentioned that a lot of references are made throughout the book to one of my daughter's favorite books, A Wrinkle In Time.

My daughter read the book in one day.  She gave it to me with the instructions that I should not read it until I had three hours straight, because I would not be able to put it down.  Do Mothers ever have three hours straight?

I started the book last Thursday.  I finished it just now.  Wow.  Now I understand why this book was chosen as the 2010 Newberry Winner...just announced on January 18,2010.    http://www.imcpl.org/kids/blog/?p=5690

I could not figure out the mystery of this book as I was reading.  I love books that surprise you with their ending and leave you thinking.  Not only that, I keep looking back at things in the book and slowly putting everything together.  I could easily read the book again to help it all make sense.

All of this is the reason I had to choose Rebecca Stead's When You Reach Me for our Sunday Fun Read. 

Comments

Popular Posts