PEANUT BUTTER BALLS

Every year at Christmas, for as long as I can remember, we have made peanut butter balls.  It was always a mystery to me when I was a little girl, why we only ate a few at
Christmas, and the rest went in the freezer to save for later.  I never did figure out when "later" came around.
These are the ingredients you will need:
1 1/2 boxes confectioners sugar
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 pound butter or margarine
1/2 bar paraffin
2 large Hershey bars (8 oz)


After mixing the peanut butter, margarine, and powdered sugar, roll into balls.  The mixture will appear crumbly, but it will go together into balls as you roll it.


Melt the chocolate and paraffin in a double boiler.  Our local grocery store was sold out of paraffin, so we chose this year to cheat and use chocolate candy coating instead.


Use a toothpick to dip the peanut butter balls in the chocolate, and then place on wax paper to harden.  Cover the place where the toothpick was inserted with chocolate.



This is the finished product!!!  My children loved them.  I promise not a one will go in the freezer to save for later!

Comments

Anonymous said…
tHIS IS MY FAV. TO MAKE. (:

Popular Posts