CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS AND HAPPENINGS


Merry Christmas to all.  We have had a wonderful two days of celebrating.  We spent Christmas Eve at my Lynchburg Sister's home.  The highlight of the evening was the new ping pong table, which almost overtook the yearly competition of the men playing Risk.  The food was wonderful, and we enjoyed seeing each other as much as ever.  We did miss our Minnesota and Wyoming relatives...who are continuing to enjoy a nice snow!!!

My Lynchburg Sister's home is so beautiful during the holidays.  I thought I would share some pictures from her home as I talk about our Christmas.  She has such a nack for decorating and making her home seem so warm and inviting.
Our eleven year old daughter chose to wake us up at 3:00 this morning to open presents.  Our fifteen year old son just happened to be awake, too (with a little help from his sister), so once again our little family celebrated Christmas during the wee hours of the morning.

We then traveled to my Dependable Sister's home for a big family breakfast.  A tradition we have celebrated for years that just can't be broken.  (Gotcha).  My daughter made up for her early morning rise when she sang "Oh Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" with my husband and the guitar.  Do we remember the true meaning of Christmas???  I believe we do.
We then traveled to spend lunch time with my husband's family.  Can I say that there is not a better Christmas dinner anywhere else in the world?  The best dressing, giblet gravey, mashed potatoes, corn, slaw, green bean casserole, pistachio pudding, rolls, and ham you could ever eat.
And now we are back home...very tired...very satisfied...playing with presents...counting our blessings...feeling very loved...watching the Christmas Story...realizing our dog Annie is 70 years old today (in dog years)...looking forward to next year.
Merry Christmas to all
and to all a good night.

Comments

Popular Posts