French Coconut Pie

I was looking at a past post of this French Coconut Pie, and I decided to redo it.  It looked as if something was just not right.
It was the pie plate!!!
Who would think a pie plate could make that much difference?
Before, I had used a deep dish pie plate, and the pie filling had gotten lost in all that crust.

This go round, I decided to use this vintage Corning Ware pie dish that is a little thinner and still quite lovely.  

 I also chose to go with a Pioneer Woman pie crust that I had previously made and frozen. 
 I must say that I have become a huge fan of this crust.  It is so easy to make a pie when you have this on hand.  Here is a link to the recipe:

Just be sure to add enough flour so it will not stick to your board when you are rolling.  
If it does stick, just ball it back up and try again.  
That is what I had to do, and it turned out fine.

Here are the directions for the pie filling:

1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco shortening
1 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Whisk the eggs.
Add the sugar, vanilla, and melted Crisco.
Finally, add the coconut.
Pour into crust.
Bake 425 degrees for 10 minutes and then, 
lower to 325 degrees to cook an additional 40 minutes.

Serve hot or cold.
Enjoy!


Comments

Fabian said…
I'm grateful for the positive change your blog has brought into my life.

Popular Posts