Sunday Fun Read

Which book should we choose to be our favorite for today?


Something funny?


A book for boys?


A romance?


How about a book that includes a little bit of history???


Letters From Rifka by Karen Hesse is one of my all time favorite books.  It is the story of a girl trying to get to America  from a Jewish community in Russia. At one point in her trip, she cannot travel with her family because she has ring worm on her head. 


I remember one year, our school had a contest where the students were to dress like a character from their favorite book.  One of my Sixth Grade girls dressed like Rifka.  Nobody else knew who she was, but I knew her as soon as she walked through the door.

Older girls will especially like this book about the struggles that Rifka has trying to find freedom in America.

Comments

Hen Jen said…
this is a book I have missed, I love to read, so I will find it at the library. I am sure my girls will enjoy it, too- thanks for the recommend!

Popular Posts