Comfy and Cozy

It is a new year! With a new year comes the challenge of taking down Christmas decorations and setting up the home for the winter.


Some years, I wait until Jan. 2 to tackle this challenge.
This year I decided to get a head start, so our home would be cozy for New Year's Eve.
There are 5 things I focus on when redecorating our cottage in the Big Woods.


The first is moving at least one piece of furniture to a new location.  The change just gives our home a different feel.  I decided to move this washstand to a place where a table had once been.








I am liking the feel of this new arrangement.



 Step 2 is to add some cozy lighting with lamps around the house.



I was excited to find a remote device at an after Christmas sale at Lowes that allows me to turn all my lamps on and off at the same time.



Step 3 is to be sure to have a few live plants positioned around the home.  
Bringing in fresh cut flowers is another way to fight off the winter blues.


For number 4 a basket of blankets is a must!  Temperatures in the Big Woods have been in the single digits this winter with more in the forecast.  
These blankets are going to feel great.


A final suggestion is to pick up a few inexpensive picks of flowers or greenery at Hobby Lobby.  This is a very inexpensive way to add a pop of color here and there.


Happy Jan. 1, 2018.
May your home be cozy and full of love.

Comments

Popular Posts