Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cheerio Cookies

School lunches have certainly changed since I was in Elementary School.
I couldn't wait each day at school to see what was being served for dessert.
My favorites were the square chocolate oatmeal cookies, yellow cake with peanut butter icing, and oatmeal cherry crumble.
All of these desserts were homemade by the cooks of my school.  Those were the days.
I also remember getting really excited when cheerio cookies were served. 
I make my own version of cheerio cookies today by using my Special K Cookie recipe and substituting cheerios.
Instead of dropping the cookies by teaspoon, I put them in a 9x12 cake pan and cut them into squares.


These cheerio cookies and a glass of white milk make a wonderful after school snack.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails